This course specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) exceeding 3 tonnes safely, in accordance with all relevant legislative responsibilities. Non-slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that cannot be slewed and includes:
- An articulated mobile crane
- A locomotive crane
- But does not include vehicle tow trucks
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to safely operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity). The course includes:
- Plan work/task
- Prepare for work/task
- Perform work/task
- Pack up
A current National High-Risk Work Licence (HRWL) to perform dogging.
Legislative and regulatory requirements are applicable to this unit of competency. This unit is based on the licensing requirements of Part 4.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations and meets Commonwealth, State and Territory HRWL requirements.
The National Assessment Instrument (NAI) is the mandated assessment for the HRWL to operate the relevant licencing class as detailed in this unit.
- Minimum 18 years
- 100 points ID check (including photo ID)
- Basic command of English language
- Reading and writing – a learner must be able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts
- Oral communication – a learner must be able to use and respond to spoken language
- Basic ability in mathematics for formulas and load chart calculations
- Must have necessary health and fitness to carry our duties safely
- Successful completion of LLN skills assessment (if necessary)
- National High Risk Licence (CN) – issued by SafeWork NSW
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
Duration and Cost
- 4 days training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
- 1-day High Risk Licence assessment – SafeWork NSW
- Total of 5 days
- $1550.00 – Note: this does not cover the application fee to process your High-Risk Work Licence at the Post Office
Payments are either paid via an invoice (EFT or BPay) or directly through our Booking & Payment Form (by debit/credit card) on our website – via Bookings Tab (2.2% fee).
Payment Plan – for individual students for course cost over $1500.00
- Deposit to be paid prior to course commencement: $500
- Progress payment to be paid following commencing: 50%
- Midway Payment to be paid at the halfway point of the course 25%
- Final Payment to be paid prior to course completion: 25%
Mode of Assessment
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations.
This unit also requires the student to be assessed by SafeWork NSW. Re Assessment fee – $250.00
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment for – TLILIC0008 – Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (great than 3 tonnes capacity)
HRWL – Application
Participants have 60 days to process their Notice of Satisfactory Assessment at a NSW post office.
Training/assessment can be conducted at HPA Trainings agreed site – Borger Crane Hire & Rigging Services, 40 Kilto Crescent, Glendenning NSW (this is an operational worksite) or on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Training’s equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Operational live worksite.
All courseware and handouts
What to bring
- High Vis clothing
- Steel capped boots
- Safety helmet
- 100 points of ID – (including photo ID)
- Unique Student Identifier Number – https://www.usi.gov.au/– if you need help with this our trainer will help you on the day.
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website here including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.