This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a vehicle loading crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) of 10 metre tonnes or more.
Vehicle loading crane means a crane mounted on a vehicle for loading and unloading the vehicle.
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to safely operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above). The course includes:
- Plan work/task
- Prepare for work/task
- Perform work/task
- Pack up
This unit is based on the licensing requirements of Part 4.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations and meets Commonwealth, State and Territory HRWL Requirements. The National Assessment Instrument (NAI) is the mandated assessment for the HRWL to operate the relevant licensing class as detailed in this unit.
- Minimum 18 years
- 100 points ID check (including photo ID)
- Basic command of English language
- Reading and writing – a learner must be able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts
- Oral communication – a learner must be able to use and respond to spoken language
- Basic ability in mathematics for formulas and load chart calculations
- Must have necessary health and fitness to carry our duties safely
- Successful completion of LLN skills assessment (if necessary)
- National High Risk Licence (CV) – issued by SafeWork NSW
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
Payments are either paid via an invoice (EFT or BPay) or directly through our Booking & Payment Form by debit/credit card (on our website – via Bookings Tab – 2.2% fee).
Duration and Cost
- 3 days training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
- 1-day High Risk Licence assessment – SafeWork NSW
- Total of 4 days
- $1,250.00 (Note: this does not cover the application fee to process your High-Risk Work Licence at the Post Office)
Mode of Assessment
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some Examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations. This unit also requires the student to be assessed by SafeWork NSW. Re Assessment fee – $250.00
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment for – TLILIC0024 – Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above) by a SafeWork NSW Accredited Assessor.
Participants have 60 days to process their Notice of Satisfactory Assessment at a NSW post office.
Training/assessment can be conducted at HPA Training’s agreed site – Borger Cranes, 40 Kilto Crescent, Glendenning NSW or at your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Training’s equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
All courseware and handouts.
What to bring
- High Vis clothing
- Steel capped boots
- Safety helmet
- 100 points of ID
- Unique Student Identifier Number – if you need help with this our trainer will help you on the day.
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.