This unit specifies the outcomes required to undertake Occupational Health & Safety/Work Health & Safety (OHS/WHS) induction training within the construction industry.
This course includes:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures.
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
- Minimum 14 years
- 100 points ID check
- Basic command of English language
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
- SafeWork White Card – issued by SafeWork NSW
Duration and Cost
- 1 days training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted at the end. Some Examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations.
The course can be delivered at HPA Training’s head office, HPA’s agreed sites or face to face in the workplace at your site providing the following requirements are met;
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Training’s equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
What to bring
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.