This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations. This unit applies to those working in site-based roles.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This course includes:
- Plan and prepare for telescopic materials handler operations
- Operate telescopic materials handler in line with established requirements
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity
- Select, remove, fit and use attachments for a telescopic materials handler
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler
- Conduct housekeeping activities
- Minimum 18 years
- Photo ID check
- Basic command of English language
- Reading and writing – a learner must be able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts
- Oral communication – a learner must be able to use and respond to spoken language
- Basic ability in mathematics for formulas and load chart calculations
- Must have necessary health and fitness to carry out duties safely
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
- Plastic wallet sized card – issued by HPA Training
Duration and Cost
- 1 days training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
Payments are either paid Via an invoice or directly through VETenrol (on our website) by EFT, BPay or debit/credit card.
Mode of Assessment
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations.
Training/assessment can be conducted at HPA Training’s agreed site – 68 Cattai Road Pitt Town NSW (enter via 68 Airstrip Road) or on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Training’s equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Operational live worksite
What to bring
All courseware and handouts.
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.