This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate, maintain and shift loads using a vehicle loading crane. This unit applies to those working in site-based roles.
This course includes:
- Prepare for vehicle loading crane operations
- Operate vehicle loading crane in line with established requirements to complete work activity
- Conduct housekeeping activities
Licensing, legislative and certification requirements may apply to this unit and can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with relevant body before applying the unit.
- Minimum 18 years
- Photo ID check
- Basic command of English language
- Reading and writing – a learner must be able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts
- Oral communication – a learner must be able to use and respond to spoken language
- Basic ability in mathematics
- Must have necessary health and fitness to carry out duties safely
- Successful completion of LLN skills assessment (if necessary)
On successful completion candidates will receive
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
- Plastic wallet sized card – issued by HPA Training
Duration and Cost
- 1-day training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
Payments are either paid via an invoice (EFT or BPay) or directly through our Booking & Payment Form (by debit/credit card) on our website – via bookings tab (2.2% fee)
Mode of Assessment
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some Examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations.
Training/assessment can be conducted at HPA Training Facility – 68 Cattai Road, Pitt Town NSW – Enter via 68 Airstrip Road, Pitt Town NSW or on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Trainings equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Operational live worksite.
What to bring
All courseware and handouts
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website www.hpatraining.com.au including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.