This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to operate an elevating work platform in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
The work required in this unit relates to the National Standard for High Risk Work but this unit does not provide the licence. This unit does not provide sufficient skill to independently load and unload equipment. To perform this activity safely, personnel must either complete or be assisted by someone who has completed RIIHAN308F Load and Unload Plant or equivalent.
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to safely operate an elevating work platform under 11 metres.
This course includes:
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Operate elevating work platform in line with established requirements to complete work activity
- Conduct housekeeping activities
- Minimum 18 years
- Photo ID check
- Basic command of English language
- Reading and writing – a learner must be able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts
- Oral communication – a learner must be able to use and respond to spoken language
- Basic ability in mathematics
- Must have necessary health and fitness to carry out duties safely
- Statement of Attainment – issued by HPA Training
- Plastic wallet sized card – issued by HPA Training
Duration and Cost
- 1-day training inclusive of assessment – HPA Training
Payments are either paid Via an invoice or directly through VETenrol (on our website) by EFT, BPay or Debit/Credit Card.
Mode of Assessment
Assessments both theory and practical will be explained to students at the commencement of the course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some examples of course and conducted throughout the course duration. Some Examples of assessment will be group participation, theory questions, work type activities and practical demonstrations and observations.
Training/assessment can be conducted at HPA Training Facility – 68 Cattai Road, Pitt Town NSW – Enter via 68 Airstrip Road, Pitt Town NSW or on your site providing the following requirements are met:
- Signed agreement to train on site
- All necessary equipment on HPA Training’s equipment list available and in good condition
- Training room with tables, chairs and screen (or blank wall for a projector)
- Suitable clear operating area
- Operational live worksite
What to bring
All courseware and handouts
Your rights and obligations
Please refer to HPA Student Handbook on our website www.hpatraining.com.au including RPL, Language, Literacy and Numeracy support, Privacy, Refund, Complaints and Appeals and cancellation policy.
If you have any concerns regarding your Language, Literacy & Numeracy ability please ring HPA Office and speak to one of our trainers who can advise you on what support we can offer you.